Tuesday, January 14, 2014

a pretty pouter!

'dramatic' theme

So I've mentioned here before that I'm taking a photography class.

We got our assignment this week, and I've been working on my homework. Our theme is 'dramatic' and (thankfully) the teacher allows us to interpret this in whatever way we choose. While most people will interpret it with drama in their composition, setting or post-processing of a photo, unfortunately I find that skill hard. I appreciate the lighter brighter side of photography.

So here's how it went... I traded my Phebe girl 1 candy and 1 tv show (Team Umizoomi!) in return for giving me a little drama queen! I mean seriously, she must have thought I lost my mind, offering her rewards to pout! Ha! The girl doesn't need a whole pile of encouragement in that department! In fact, when I put the dress on her she pretty much channeled her own drama queen, she immediately told me she looked like Elsa (from Frozen!) and the pouting began.

I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the photos that there was a lot of giggling and cracking up going on too! She thought the whole thing was pretty silly. And I'm pretty sure you can also tell that she enjoys being an actress!

So that's my take on 'dramatic'. I have a spicy Hunan girl, there's no need for any more 'dramatic' around here!

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I love your interpretation of 'dramatic': maybe that's why you are one of my favourite photographers! You have a great way of bringing out and capturing the playful side of everything, including your drama queen of a little girl. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jill...I love seeing what you are doing in your course. Thank you for sharing with us. I've always wanted to take one of Lisa's classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness she's cute! I love these shots and I can't wait to see more of your " homework "

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving this adorable pouter :)

    ReplyDelete